Thursday, October 2, 2014

So I saw this Ad on my way from the bank...

On my way from the UPS store after dropping off four pounds of dead rabbit when I spotted a flyer advertizing quick weight loss out of the corner of my eye.  On the flyer was something in Spanish that the makers of it translated, but I didn't feel like reading it.  What really caught my attention was a woman drawn in vectors, progressively shedding weight until she morphed into fifties barbie.

What really stood out though is that throughout the process of collapsing into a bodacious neutron star is that her facial expression stayed more or less the same.  No matter how much weight she lost, her insecurity followed, clinging to every form, filling the space created by her continued advancement.  You can change as much as you like on the outside, but your still stuck with all those unsightly mental scars along with your love of cake.  If there's a cake you've been denying yourself, eat it right now.  Mental scars look better smothered in frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment