Saturday, November 1, 2014

I'm not sure if I can get on board with this cleaning thing

I'm fully aware that cleaning things is necessary to keep things like cockroaches and silverfish from skittering about our homes, but why do people like it so much?  My room's immaculate right now, and I feel like I'm living in a different house.  Stolen Tikki  man is on my desk to reassure me that this is in fact my house, but I still have an urge to throw all my stuff about the room to make it feel comfortable again.  Even my desk is clean.  Stop being so clean!  You're just a front to hide the lingering existential filth of the guy who's sitting at you!  You know, the one who just lost his pencil; again?

Look cleanliness, I know you mean well- hiding human problems with your sheen and laundry baskets that don't smell like a locker room.  I just really hate to put effort towards making you show up.  Maybe if you could do the work yourself, I'd be happier to see you.  I had plans today before you decided to rear your lilac-scented head.  Sure these plans involved more anti-social behavior, but they also involved drawing a cool monster girl.  Tell you what; if you can just stay shiny and neat longer, say from now until the sun explodes, I can tolerate your presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment